Skip to content


What is Mary Hill Family Service Center?
We are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to strengthening families in Dale County, Alabama. Our mission is to facilitate short-term resources that move our community toward long-term self-sufficiency.
Can you help me get a job?
Yes! Our M.A.S.T.E.R. program provides hands-on professional development training. We can also help you polish a resume, overcome employment barriers, and conduct job searches. Some participants may also be eligible for the A-RESET program.
Can you help me get my high school diploma / GED?
While we do not provide adult education services, we can connect you with several local agencies who do!
Can you help me pay my utility bill?
At times, we have funds from the Emergency Food and Shelter program to provide financial assistance for utility bills. Availability is dependent on funding. We have a short intake procedure to determine eligibility. If you need utility assistance, call us at 334-350-3668 to set up an appointment.
How can I get food assistance?
Our food pantry is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After a short intake process, we can provide food for individuals and families in need. Click here for more information. We are also available to help you fill out the application for SNAP benefits (food stamps).
Do you have gas cards?
Unfortunately, we generally do not have gas cards available.
Can you help me pay my rent?
Unfortunately, we do not have a rental assistance program.
Can you help me get a government phone?
We are happy to assist you in filling out the online application for a government phone through the Affordable Connectivity Program.

Have a question not covered here? Contact us!